In business at 224 Water St. in Boyne City since 1917.
Boyne City, Michigan first welcomed Ford motor cars on September 22, 1917. At that time, customers of the new Northern Auto Co. had one vehicle option – the Ford Model T. Robert G. Mathers worked for the dealership as a high schooler in the late 1940s before moving out of town for a while. When he and his wife Shirley came back in 1962, they operated a gas station where Robert repaired and sold used cars. The couple later purchased the Ford dealership’s body shop, and the following year acquired the remainder of his old dealership, changing the name to Bob Mathers Ford. With the passing of Robert and Shirley, the business is now owned by their children Robert, Cheri, Trish and Wendy. The dealership has received some updates through the years, but Ford has maintained its presence at the same address on Water Street in Boyne, Michigan 100 years.