Michigan’s new car dealers make a significant contribution to our economy through employment, taxes paid and community involvement. Consider these numbers…
- Michigan has 611 new car dealerships, with an average of 60 employees per dealership.
- When indirect and induced jobs are added in, that increases to 76,322 total jobs created by Michigan dealerships!
- $667 MILLION is paid in income taxes (includes income taxes paid for direct, indirect and induced jobs).
- Michigan dealerships have a $1.9 BILLION payroll.
- With $36.9 BILLION in total sales, Michigan dealerships account for nearly 30% of the state’s total retail sales.
These numbers reflect annual economic activity during 2016. For economic numbers for other states please check out the NADA website at www.nada.org/statedata.