The upcoming MADPAC golf outing on Monday, June 4 will again be held at Eagle Eye Golf Club, which was ranked as #5 in the nation by Golf Advisor raters in 2017. The course was designed by Chris Lutzke, in collaboration with renowned course architect Pete Dye, to be a rolling “links” style championship golf course featuring magnificent shot values on every hole. Eagle Eye provides a challenge from any of five sets of tees… and the signature “Island Green” #17 is simply not to be missed.
More information about the golf outing is available here.
Here are a few interesting facts about the course…
- The site was previously a sod and potato farm.
- More than 800,000 cubic yards of dirt were moved during construction.
- The transformation to lush fairways framed by huge mounds was accomplished by excavation, which created eight distinct bodies of water that come into play on twelve holes.
- Ninety-seven bunkers – ranging in size from three square yards to over two acres – complete the challenging course.
- The green complexes vary in size, shape, and slope. They are complimented by hazards and run-offs – so try and avoid errant approach shots!