Michigan’s new car dealers make a significant contribution to our economy through employment, taxes paid and community involvement. Consider these numbers…
- Michigan has about 600 new car dealerships, with an average of 60 employees per dealership.
- When indirect and induced jobs are added in, that increases to 73,362 total jobs created by Michigan dealerships!
- $682 MILLION is paid in income taxes (includes income taxes paid for direct, indirect and induced jobs).
- Michigan dealerships have a $2.0 BILLION payroll.
- With $25.7 BILLION in total sales, Michigan dealerships account for 21.4% of the state’s total retail sales.
These numbers reflect annual economic activity from 2015. Read more about the annual contribution of dealerships at www.nada.org/statedata.