- Traditionally, Michigan has led the nation in the production of passenger cars and assembled trucks.
- The nation’s number one producer of canned baby food is located in Fremont.
- Michigan has one of the world’s greatest chemical centers, in Midland.
- One of the largest pharmaceutical laboratory buildings and pharmaceutical manufacturing facilities is located in Kalamazoo.
- Michigan is one of the leaders in the production of salt.
- Michigan has the world’s largest limestone quarry, in Rogers City.
- The Lake Superior district in the Upper Peninsula is part of one of the greatest iron ore-producing regions in the world.
Read more >> Getting to Know Michigan